Monday, December 13, 2010

Creamy Potato Soup Recipe

I realize that it is summertime, right now but there are a lot of google searches for this recipe. My job is to fill a need and this needed to be done. If you spice this soup right, you can eat it cold and it is just as good as it is hot.


When I was a young boy my family lived in Massachusetts. It got really cold in the winter time and when you had a hot bowl of soup, boy was that the best. Soup for your soul, for energy and of course to keep you warm. My mom could sure make a mean bowl of soup. Yeah, she would make Campbell's but who didn't? It was the times that she made soup from scratch, that I remember the most. Because when its very cold outside and you come in to the house and the aroma of soup hits you, well it's indescribable.

Potato Soup

When you had soup and maybe a grilled cheese sandwich, you had enough energy to play all day. That is exactly what I used to do, we would make snow forts and then bombard your friends with snowballs. And we would make killer moon pie trails, have you seen the Olympic sledding course, well we made a variation of that. Of course ours weren't as long but beyond that we had high embankments, twists and turns that were wicked.
Believe me if you didn't eat hardy then you didn't have the energy to build what we did. Homemade soup will sure give you all you need for energy. Well lets get to it.
The ingredients:
2 - medium sized potatos(peeled and sliced)
1 - large white onion(peeled and chopped)
4 - celery sticks(medium sliced,not too thin)
I like my vegetables slightly crunchy, definitely not slushy, so I boil the potatoes until tender. 1/2 teaspoon of salt added to water to boil potatoes. When potatoes are tender, pour out water and add 3 - tablespoons of butter. Mash the potatoes until chunky consistency, not smooth and creamy. Then add 1 & 1/2 - cups of light cream and 1 - cup of chicken stock. Add vegetables, salt, pepper and paprika. You can sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top of the individual servings for a nice color and taste.
For more recipes please visit my website Successful Cooking From A-Z.